New Digs

To celebrate our third anniversary, McAlister GeoScience signed a lease on our newest office space located in Belmont Shore, Long Beach, California.  We’re up-stairs from the post office on Granada and 2nd Street.  If you’re in the neighborhood, stop by and say, “Hi”!

2ndSt_Night_Online

Chances are one of us will be there during core business hours unless we are all out at project sites.

Closure Achieved

It was an exiting day here in the office on July 13th. We received a gift from the Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB), a closure letter for one of our client’s sites located in Reseda. I would say that the Los Angeles RWQCB was very generous, but as my 5th grade teacher used to tell me, “You get the grade you deserve”.

We have been performing work at this former dry cleaner for the past couple of years and we did soil gas investigations, soil investigations, we installed groundwater wells, sampled groundwater, and operated a soil vapor extraction (SVE) system. It is a relatively straight-forward site and a straight-forward approach to remediation of a dry cleaner, but the regulatory agency was a bit slow with the review of our submittals due to budget cuts and furlough days.

Long Time, No Post

>коли под наемas been quite some time since I have posted here, but that has been for good reason. I am happy to report that we have been busy around here despite the apparent slump in the economy. We have been so busy in fact that we are rushing to attempt to find people to fill the roles and perform the work we have sold. In the coming months, I expect some pretty significant changes in the environmental due diligence field and I feel that I am in a good position to continue to meet and exceed my clients needs and expectations.

Posts Repaired

Over the past couple of weeks, a hacker broke into my little blog site here and altered some of my posts with an iframes trojan virus nasty thing.  Google found this and was kind enough to let me know (and punish me for being attacked by decreasing my rankings).  I have fixed the problem by deleting the iframes insertions and strengthening my blog passwords and security systems.  Take a lesson from me here and remember that “password” is not a valid or safe password for your blog.